Imagine the feeling of freshness from a brand new year and basking in the emotion of switching up a digit at the age department. Yes, that is how January brings on yearly basis without failing.
However, things are a little different this year.
This is my first birthday as a married wife.
Well, at least some well wishers made a point to remind me that, especially J. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike it at all. In fact, it felt more blissful than before to be hearing that. Strange huh?
Having heard so many unfortunate events in the past year, I feel so humble and grateful to be able to wake up each morning. I can't help but to be super thankful that Singapore is living up to her nickname as "the little red dot", being able to travel easily in a short amount time.
Most importantly, each seconds I have with loved ones and people around me are treasured. Somehow, little gestures mean so much more, making me all warm and fuzzy inside.
It's going to be exciting and nerve wrecking as I walk towards another year of life, but I am going to embrace as much as I can.
For now, all official birthday celebration have finally came to an end. The birthday feasting is definitely still ongoing though. ;)
It's already a mid month Monday! Whaaat?! I'm not gonna lie, a part of me does feel sad that January is almost over. No....
LAST WEEK'S ACHIEVEMENTS
• Work was pretty mundane the past week, strangely. The boredom could easily kill me. The fact that the software for tax return cocked up a bit didn't really help with that. Yikes.
• Settled the money changing part for Chinese New Year. J never fail to express the heartache he felt seeing the decrease in bank account whenever he had the chance to do so. *roll eyes at my drama husband*
• Exercising did not happen since the weekend was spent celebrating. On a side note, I finally weigh myself and the figures didn't change. That's good, right?
• Talking about weekend celebration, it was awesome! Great staycation, great company, great food. Whoop! Whoop!
THIS WEEK'S GOALS
• Sleep early. Looking at how bad my eye bags and dark circles are, I've got to do something about them.
• Source for new read. Anyone has any books to recommend?
• Start spring cleaning. One of the most dreadful parts of Chinese New Year is to clean and tidy up prior to the festive. Not my forte, not at all.