30 August 2013

One week old Flu Bug

I can't believe I actually let this flu virus anchor me down for a week. A. Week. My gosh.

• 23rd August, Friday
Right before I head to bed, my throat started to feel a little painful and my body was exceptionally warm. Normally, I would pop two Panadol pills to prevent any potential fever, but nope I was too tired and decided to just sleep it off.

• 24th August, Saturday
I had already planned to go back office to finish up the already long overdue stuffs. When I woke up, I realised I couldn't voice out properly and my body was much warmer than the night before. Why didn't I do what I normally would? Le sigh. So I had no choice but to self medicate (yes, Panadol) and sleep as much as I can.

• 25th August, Sunday
Another Panadol-sleep-awake-eat-Panadol-sleep day. I did feel a little better and even did my first Sunday Currently. I grumbled to The Boy about how I felt short changed for my weekend, but whatever as long as I get recover.

• 26th August, Monday
Apparently, I spoke too soon. In addition to the sore throat and feverish temperature I already have, the running nose decided to join in the fun. I felt miserable, and disappointed that my self medication did not work at all, so I gave in and visit the company's doctor before work. The Boy decided to make me feel better than treating me to a bowl of wonton noodle near his place. The shocking part, he wanted me to cure poison with poison so he ordered mine with chilli.

• 27th August, Tuesday
Thank goodness my throat didn't really affect my voice, so I was still well to attend this meeting all the way at a shipyard in the West. To celebrate R.C's waiver of his transport fine and demerit points, he offered to treat the office ladies KFC. Yup, all spicy chicken parts. Sigh.

• 28th August, Wednesday
Thank goodness my throat didn't really affect my voice, so I was still well to attend this meeting all the way at a shipyard in the West. To celebrate R.C's waiver of his transport fine and demerit points, he offered to treat the office ladies KFC. Yup, all spicy chicken parts. Sigh.

Yesterday and today have been torturing as well. Running nose had combined forces with blockage. I felt so guilty to use SO MUCH tissue, it's as if I killed a lot of trees for my stubbornness. And my nose skin is starting to peel a lil because of that. I tried my best to blow the mucus (sorry if I grossed you out) in the toilet instead of hurting my nose further, but that was a guilt factor too because I felt as if I'm wasting water resources.

Right now I'm feeling SLIGHTLY less miserable because I can cough our phlegm, although my chest still feel as if something huge is stuck inside. I really hope my body will get better before the start of a new month. Being sick is definitely not a fun way to begin.


FOLLOW ME
Bloglovin  •  Google+  •  Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment