05 August 2013

Weekly Wishes #4

Well, I wasn't too productive on last week's goals. Out of the three, I only managed to book the air fare for my October's holiday trip. At least it's still something, right? (Trying to save myself here!)


This week's goals: Finish reading Puppy Love // Get a pair of black heels

With a short working week and a scheduled audit coming up real soon, it would be a bonus if I actually have the time and energy to read. I really need to get my act together huh?

I REALLY need to get that pair of black heels before Hari Raya Puasa this week. I have tried scouting in a couple of stalls, but their heels are crazy high. Don't get me wrong, I love how some crazy-high heels can look pretty on some ladies. I am self-conscious in the heels I am in since I am 166cm (which I consider tall) with a pair of not-too-beautiful feet. AND I have been too comfortable with flats and especially TOMS shoes. AND the last time I wore a pair of heels was two years ago.

Oh em gee.

How high of a pair of heels did you ever own? How to you train or re-train yourself to walk in them?

Click here to send your encouragements to others!

6 comments:

  1. I've worn some pretty high heels during my life, because I'm pretty short. But since I go to church every sunday, I wear heels one a week. I've been wearing them since I was 12 years old. So I've really never had to re-train myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must've a collection of heels then! I guess I kinda took the easier way out and stayed in the comfort zone for TOO long. No regrets though. Haha!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE Toms shoes!! However, I work as an English teacher and wear heels pretty much every day to work :D I have also worn some pretty high heels in my day! I hope you find the time to sit down, relax and read your book. I am a big reader so I will definitely look into your current choice! So glad to have connected with you :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay us! I kind of cringed when I thought about the change of industry in future where I have to put on those killer heels. ):

      I'm trying to get my reading-self back. Trying, very, hard.

      So glad to meet you too! :D

      Delete
  3. I used to wear 4 1/2 to 5 inch heels all of the time but after working in an office where everyone is in flats, I've started to wear flats more often. The other day I wore a pair of 4 inch heels and my feet hurt so bad that I realized I need to get my foot muscles in heel shape again so I decided that I'll be wearing heels every day. (It's perfect too because I just bought a pair of heels with open toes without thinking about the fact that I'll only have a month or so left when I can wear them this year, so I'll be wearing them every day this month! But that's basically what I do when I need to train my feet to wear heels. I wear them every day, especially when I'm just walking around the house, and sooner or later I can wear them out and about for long distances with no problem. :)

    Good luck with your shoe shopping and reading goals this week! If you like the book, hopefully you'll share your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And my boyfriend suggested I should wear them to sleep. *facepalm* I did thought of walking around the house in heels as a practice, but I think my second floor neighbours won't be too pleased with the clacking sound. Heh.

      I'll do up a book review when I'm done with the book. Thanks for the wishes!

      Delete