12 August 2013

Weekly Wishes #5

Last week was another semi productive week.

Get a pair of black heels (CHECKED)
Thank goodness I managed to get a pair before Hari Raya. Can't believe getting a pair of heels can almost killed me. I had to wait for The Boy to shop with me because I don't want to get a pair of heels that end up making me taller than him. That will just be awkward. Anyway, we ended up at my last resort (Far East Plaza) shopping centre. There are heels for my big feet, and not to mention it's relatively cheap. It's my last resort because the heels I get from there so far tend to bite me. I didn't have the chance to walk much with my new pair of heels, so my skin is safe. For now.

Finish reading Puppy Love
Despite the long weekend, I didn't manage to touch the book. I was practically out of the house during the day. The book was not brought along with me since I know (and true enough it was the case) I won't have the time to take it out for a read.


This week's goals:
• Finish reading Puppy Love
• Spend not more than SGD5 during work, which means no additional snacks. Yikes!
• Survey on accommodation for October's Bangkok trip

Seeing the first goal three weeks in a row further proved how much of a good procrastinator I am. I'm quite determined to change that and finish up the book since I am slightly less than 50% to the end. Wish me luck! *fingers crossed*

What do you normally look out for in the places you stay while travelling?

Send your encouragements to the peers who are linking up here!

20 comments:

  1. Hi there! Visiting from Melyssa's link up. Good luck on your goals, it is funny how all those little purchases for snacks and other items add up, isn't it!? Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aukele! Adding up on my waistline, decreasing my wallet's volume. D:

      Delete
  2. Visiting from the Link Up. All the best with your goals this week from a fellow procrastinator ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can finish the book! I know it! And when you are done let us all know how it was! I need to get back to my summer reading before it is too late! :)

    This Lovely Little Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on the book! Just make yourself read a little bit when you get in bed last night. You deserve a little reading time! xx

    Allie / callmesassafras.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allie! Yah, I need to stop procrastinating on giving myself that wee bit of reading time before bed. Internet can be such a good temptation some time. ):

      Delete
  5. Glad you found a pair of shoes in time!! I agree with everyone else! Just take a little bit of time for you to finish your book! And be sure to share how it was! Best of luck with your wishes! Have a great week!
    Courtney
    Passionately Curious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Courtney! I'm quite determined to finish it up, so I'm quite hopeful on this. A book review is inevitable. Haha!

      Delete
  6. Good luck on finishing the book. Reading goals are always one of my favourites. I also hope that you enjoy it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally understand about waiting to go shopping with the boy, you don't want to be taller than him! Now go finish that book! :) Haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always say that a guy has to be taller than me in my tallest pair of heels! :)

    Good luck finishing the book!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What's this puppy love book? I am going to check it out :)

    I can't never have SGD$5 cap!! What with my daily breakfast of grass jelly soya milk and chocolate pancake from Mr. Bean.

    All the best with your upcoming BKK trip. Is this your first time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.. er, FG! (Is that ok? Sorry, I don't know what/how else to address you! >___<) It's not my virgin travelling nor is it my first visit to Bangkok, but it's the first time I have to do all the planning and researching. The past travels are well taken care of by either my family members or my friends. /pampered

      Puppy Love by Frauke Scheunemann is written in the perspective of the lovely dog (later on) named Hercules, as he learns about the human world. Quite interesting actually. Made me wonder if my bunny thinks like the way he did.

      OMG Mr. Bean's grass jelly soya milk and their pancakes! I avoid looking at it if I commute by train in the morning. Temptation level 1000. I kinda cheated since my breakfast is normally a cup of hot milo in the office (from the pantry), so S$5 is pretty survival for lunch. No snacks or any other nibbles though. T___T

      Delete
  10. SO glad I found your blog! And sometimes procrastination is necessary!!! :) haha Looking forward to more posts! If you get a chance, follow me at meetwithasmile.blogspot.com
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Stephanie! You're really sweet. In my case, procrastination is always ready to strike. Haha!

      Delete