04 September 2013

Gratitude #1


• Xiao Bai is showing signs of recovery
To send Xiao Bai off for surgery on his one swollen testicles and sterilisation was little heavy hearted. To see him still under small influence of anaesthesia was funny though, he sort of tumble a little while trying to stand on his hind legs. I'm thankful he managed to eat his pallets on his own the very next day and is back to his usual self after a week. Sadly though, he still have to be caged for another week until a follow up visit at the vet. He's already showing signs of boredom with the HUGE intake of water and food (which means lots of urine and poo), and playing the pity card when my parents are around his cage.

• The Boy lending a hand
Be it mentally or physically, he has been lending me a great hand lately as always. (Just in case he reads this. Heh.) I can't say enough thanks for the last help he assisted despite being only in a slightly better situation than me.

• Easy access to hot tea at work
With the new batch of medication to fight the thick phlegm, I can't really take them during working hours because they will cause drowsiness. Another way to fight the misery is hot tea! I'm thankful our pantry is ready with boxes of (three different types of) tea. They are my saviour when my chest feel like rotting.

• Colourful Post-it
I'm no colourful person, but somehow Post-it seem to make me feel more motivated be it for work purposes or personal planner.

• Lovely encouragements
The Boy and the comments I read have been helping with the recovery stage. I always feel quite alone when I'm sick, but this time round not so much. I'm thankful for every kind souls for your kind thoughts.

• Blogtember by Jenni
Another month of revisiting the past, appreciating each happy and sad moments, discovering myself, and of course knowing the fellow yummers of the blogosphere!

Finding gratitude in little things makes it more motivating to carry on the long and draggy days. It also helped to remind me not to take it for granted there and then. (The Boy, my love, that does not include you. Just kidding~)

Let's take a look on how what others are grateful for this week!

FOLLOW ME
Bloglovin  •  Google+  •  Twitter

16 comments:

  1. I love post-its, I use them for everyeveryeverything possible.
    And yeah! To joining Blogtember. I am doing it too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that! Any little chance to use 'em, I would. Yay to Blogtember then! Heh.

      Delete
  2. I hope Xiao Bai gets better and better! And it really can be just simple things like hot tea at work, can't it? My last job didn't provide anything like that for us, despite the fact that we started super early in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I hope the follow up visit to the vet in a week's time will show green light. My mum has been hinting me about how pitiful he is being caged up for so long. (He used to roam around the house like a king.) I think pantry is the important for workers. Coffee, tea, whatsnot. It's a good investment actually.

      Delete
  3. The smallest things such as free coffee or access to hot tea at work can make all the difference! I'm lucky to have free lunch and it is such a blessing to not have to buy lunch or prep it the night before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you!!! I have to crack my head to decide what's for lunch every single working day. There are plenty of choices, but when you're here for so long, it gets kinda boring. I sound pampered huh? Haha.

      Delete
  4. Hope you're feeling much better. And those are some good things to be grateful for. :) Thanks for popping by our blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel much better, except that these two days have been raining insanely and the cold weather is the main cause of my coughing fit. Thanks for popping by too!

      Delete
  5. Haha, I'm the same with colorful post-its and office supplies in general... It makes my days a little brighter! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! It makes mundane work looks more lively.

      Delete
  6. Colourful post its <3 They are amazing! I love stationary, haha.

    Kate - diariesofanessexgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colorful post-its are fun! Do you make your own planner pages? They're cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sadly, I don't make them. My fingers aren't crafty enough. Yikes! I just get a regular lined notebook with enough pages to fit a week on one page, which the dates are handwritten after that. I did paste my favourite photo as a cover like this though.

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much Elizabeth for participating in GRAD-ITUDE 101! It looks like you've picked some pretty good highlights! Glad your pet is recovering and post-its are so fun, aren't they? :)

    --Erika
    http://www.chimerikal.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika! Post-its ARE forever fun! Hahaha.

      Delete