21 October 2013

Bangkok, Thailand // Last bit of fun

This is a continuation of my recent trip to Bangkok, Thailand with The Boy. Do spend some time to read about Day 1, Day 2 and Day 3 if you haven't!


14 October 2013
Despite sleeping at wee hours, both of us made it a point to wake up early for the last breakfast in Bangkok. J crashed back to sleepland when we returned to the room. I packed whatever I could and joined him.


Told J to help me with a jumpshot photo, I ended up jumping a few times. Lesson learnt: The process of the getting the timing and angle right WILL drain your energy, so don't give all out on the first shot unless the photographer is already a pro. No complains though, I had fun doing it when I see a couple of successful jumps. J didn't complain either, he was rather committed to getting a good one too. Surprisingly.

The journey to the airport was a quiet one. Partly because J was still feeling a little tired, another part is that we wanted to capture as much of Bangkok with our eyes as possible. We checked in our bag, walked one round around the airport to find the Post Office (thank goodness they have one there!) to drop the postcard J wrote at Asiatique. Since there is nothing to browse at, we check ourselves in.



I was surprised when J slotted in the order for mango sticky rice at the last minute. During the whole trip when I asked him if he want to try one, he would be me either "Maybe later on" or "Nope". I was keeping my fingers crossed on the sweetness of the mango and the taste of the rice. I really wanted him to like it as much as I did when I first had one. The verdict - He likes it!



Like the flight out of Singapore, J stole took my earpiece and irritated me with the same song and hand moves. Urgh. I did the last bit of travelogue on my notebook while admiring the blue outside, I don't think I will ever get tired of looking at the big puffy clouds.

I don't know how other girlfriends can do adorable kissing pose. I look like an octopus trying to tentacle-suck my boyfriend's cheek.

Overall, both of us really enjoyed ourselves during this trip. It was definitely a much needed break for us, and a deserving treat for J since he slogged his guts out during internship. We didn't really have a bad post holiday mood, I guess the duration was just right. We do, however, miss the good seafood feast and teh tarik.

Before I end this post, I'd like to share the expenses for both J and I. I adopted the expenses tracking by Chelsea. Just like what she said, it wasn't too much of a hassle. As and when, if possible, I would write down the amount. If not, I would do it when we retreat back to the hotel. Of course, it helped when my travelling partner is of someone with superb memory.



FOLLOW ME: BLOGLOVIN // GOOGLE+ // INSTAGRAM // TWITTER

No comments:

Post a Comment