24 December 2013

DIY // Christmas Gift Tag

It's the eve of Christmas! The time is finally here. OMG and YAY! Remember how weird I am when I decided on personalising greeting cards for this Christmas? Well, I got too inspired by the whole process (and Christmas lights!) so I went further into the crafty world by doing gift tags for individual recipient.


What I use:
• A4 sized hard paper
• Colour pens
• Crayons
• Pencil
• Scissors
• Existing gift tag


1. Since I didn't know what is the ideal size for a gift tag, I used an existing tag which happened to be sitting on the living room's coffee table. Outline the tag on A4 paper, squeeze as many as possible to prevent wastage.

2. Cut out the tag. Mark and cut an X opening at the top, make sure it's big enough for the ribbon to go through.


3. Draw a thick border around the tag, it covers up any pencil drawing or marking. Decorate away!

4. Initial or write out the your recipient's name, however you like.


Tadah! I really like how they turned out, of course a little proud of the artsy-fartsy-challenged me.

Is there any gift tags that you have been using? I'd love to see some of 'em!


FOLLOW ME: BLOGLOVIN // GOOGLE+ // INSTAGRAM // TWITTER



8 comments:

  1. I'm so boring. If I wrap presents (which I always do for the kids but rarely do for adults) I use a folded scrap of wrapping paper for the tag. I'm definitely saving this for birthday presents and Christmas next year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww that's nice and encouraging to hear! I can get quite lazy, but somehow this year I was inspired. Looking forward to see it on your Instagram when time comes! ;)

      Delete
  2. Pretty! I never had the patience to do gift tags. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha you just need to do it there and then when motivated. I never had the patience to draw the way you do.

      Delete
  3. These look great! I bet they looked great on the presents that you used them on. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how they turned out! Although, I need to work on my bow tying skill. :\

      Delete
  4. So cute! I got my Christmas card! You are SO sweet! Thank you so much lovely friend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome! Glad that you like it. :D

      Delete